Fiber optic splice closure is used in the field to connect cables and fibers by fusion. Today, We are going to talk about the causes of fiber damage and how to prevent damage during the installation of the fiber closures.
What reasons result in the damage to optical fiber？
As for the most important reason for the fiber damage, we list them as follow：
1. When the interior CVD method is utilized, the first quartz tube itself is ruined.
2. Brushing the dust from the furnace, the ecological conditions of temperature change.
3. The surface of the fiber is connected with other objects.
4. The fiber is fused, and the damage on the fiber's surface will slowly grow over time, which is also the reason for fiber breakage.
5. Fiber fusion, the main factors that cause fiber damage include stress, water, temperature, etc.
How to prevent fiber damage？
In order to prevent fiber from damage, We should find methods to decrease fiber splice loss. The ways we found are as below:
1. Attempt using the same batch of high-quality brand-name bare optical fiber onto a single line.
2. Cable erection is completed as required.
3. Select seasoned and well-trained fiber-optic splicers for continuation.
4. The connecting cable should be carried out in a neat atmosphere.
5. Select a high-precision fiber face cutter to prepare the fiber end face.
6. Proper utilization of this fusion splicer.